Thursday, July 30, 2020

Spotlight (2015)



So I watched this thing on Netflix, Spotlight, about how the Boston Globe exposed a massive child molestation scandal and cover-up by the Catholic Church.

I remember when news of this first appeared. There was a press conference on TV. I was astonished, not by the crimes themselves or the scope of the scandal, but that a Catholic who investigated it said that he hated to say it, but he would probably advise people whose children had been molested by priests to report it to the police.

After all the high brow arthouse and foreign films I try to watch, it was so nice to watch something normal in English.

According to a "visual blog" called Information is Beautiful, the film is 76% accurate. Which is pretty accurate, I guess.

With Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo, Rachel McAdams.

Available on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment