Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Turns out this post is movie-related


Squirt guns were like Smart Phones back then.

This is a letter to the editor of my junior high school newspaper. It was from 1969, several years before I went there. I thought it was in somewhat bad taste, making light of two assassinations although it did balance out the "right to keep and bear arms" stuff.

The school did have a "Rifle Club" at the time.

This was on the school website that also posted old yearbooks. I thought I could find a picture of the writer of this letter, but the yearbook that year ran everyone's picture but not their names.

I looked at the year book from the following year and it did have the kids' names, but the author of the letter had moved on by then. But I did notice a picture of then-future musician Dan Siegel who went on to compose the music for the movie Reform School Girls (1986).

No comments:

Post a Comment