Sunday, August 2, 2020

Wilford Brimley RIP



Wilford Brimley has died at 85. I don't know how he felt about playing one of the old people in Cocoon when he was in his 40's, but that was what made him a success.

Brimley was in the old family drama Our House which I was aware of but didn't watch. When I did see it, I was surprised that he played such a gruff character. I was flipping through the channels and stopped to watch a few seconds of an episode. Brimley was trying to intimidate a young man by telling him the battle he was in when he was his age during World War Two. I would have assumed that his wartime experiences left him a physical and emotional wreck and that you'd better not provoke him or you might have to sit with him until an ambulance or social workers arrived.

His first credited role was in The China Syndrome. Say what you will about the oatmeal commercials, he was in some pretty good or at least well-received movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment