Thursday, January 14, 2021

Jessica Campbell, RIP; Dustin Diamond

I read about the death of Jessica Campbell who was in the movie Election and the series Freaks and Geeks. She died suddenly last month at age 38 in Portland, Oregon, where she worked as a "naturopathic physician".

It caused me to reflect on my own personality---how, if it were me, I would have gone on clinging to my acting career long after it was kaput, how I'd have no idea when it was time to move on with my life. I'd be like Dustin Diamond. 

Then I read that poor Dustin Diamond has been diagnosed with stage four cancer and is beginning treatment.

Diamond had a younger brother who died in childhood and his mother died while he was a teenager on Saved by the Bell. People should have had a lot more sympathy for him, especially me. Saved by the Bell was way after my time. I never watched it, but I grew to dislike Diamond, the poor devil. He had the worst of both worlds. He wasn't especially beloved as a child actor, but he still ended up with the personality defects of a former child star.

Good luck to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment