Sunday, May 1, 2022

Chris Elliott, Cabin Boy (1994)

I'll tell you the strange thing about this movie.

Nobody liked it at first. The first time I saw it, I didn't like it. But something possessed me to watch it again and, the second time, it was hilarious. Every joke worked beautifully, even the ones that were objectively unfunny. I don't know why that was.

I got some other people to watch it again. They didn't want to. They were big Chris Elliott fans and it had been a terrible disappointment to them, but they watched it a second time and had the same experience I did. 

The movie was released 28 years ago. I read it has a cult following. I guess by now people know whether they like it or not and my story isn't contributing anything.

For some reason you have to see this thing more than once. But I don't know if this is universal. 

Maybe I should have watched it again before posting this.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment