Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Halloween 2022


We had mostly middle school kids this year, and they weren't like before, timid and ashamed. They were brazen, freely taking what they wanted.

I suspect the pandemic was behind it. They missed a couple years of trick-or-treating and now they felt entitled. Also, it was raining which probably kept the little kids inside. 

I put my Covid mask on when I opened the door so I wouldn't have to smile.

"Go on! Take more! It's getting late," I said. One kid picked up all he could in one hand, but most didn't seem to want candy that bad. It made me question my taste, like I bought candy nobody liked.

I tried to make the pumpkin look like it was carved by a madman, but I don't know if it came across that way. It only took a few minutes; it wasn't much work, so that was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment