Friday, February 3, 2023

Ed Reardon's Week (BBCRadio4)


Ed Reardon's Week
is a BBC radio sit-com about a failed writer. He sees himself as a serious author but published only one novel in the 1970's, wrote a single script for a 1980's TV series and has been reduced to hack work and abject poverty ever since. 

Is there a message? That a hack writer is still a far better writer than the rest of us? To not let early success make you to cling to a career you should really give up on? I read some Gambler's Anonymous literature for some reason. Compulsive gamblers generally start out winning, but that makes them think that if they keep doing it long enough, they'll start winning again.

I downloaded what episodes I could and have been binge-listening. 

It still amazes me that the British still have radio shows but I guess it shouldn't be so surprising.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Reardon%27s_Week


No comments:

Post a Comment