Monday, February 13, 2023

Maybe I should do a ten best list


I just looked at some people's lists of the top ten movies of 2022. I could make a list like that, but I'd have to go to ten movies a year which would be way too much. 

The band leader in New Orleans who did the music for Woody Allen's Sleeper hadn't been to a movie since the the silent era. A producer took him to see Shaft to give him an idea of how music was used in talkies.

When I read that fact long ago, it seemed crazy. How can you go forty years without going to a movie?  It's been less than nineteen years for me, although the one I went to in 2004 was the first one I'd been to in a while. And I went to special showing of another movie my mother wanted to see at some point after that---I'm not sure what year.

I hear they have digital projectors now.

I could go to that new Woody Allen movie. He gets a percentage of the gross. I could probably calculate how many cents I'd be sending his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment