Sunday, August 12, 2018

Didn't care for Irreversible


I heard about the movie Irreversible being truly shocking. Yeah, it was shocking as movies go, but all the warning about how shocking it was may have blunted it. It was mostly boring. The camera going all over the place sure didn't help.

The film consists of thirteen scenes shown in reverse chronological order. Reportedly, the film was pitched this way to cash in on the popularity of Christopher Nolan's Memento.

Maybe film brutality doesn't affect me as much as it should. There was a girl in high school who babysat a couple of preschoolers who loved watching The Exorcist. They thought Linda Blair's head turning all the way around was hilarious. Maybe I'm like a preschooler. I had a friend who insisted on watching the same horror movie over and over and over. He wouldn't even look at the screen during the scary parts while I blandly watched. I knew it wasn't real.

On the other hand, I've always been horrified by the ending of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

No comments:

Post a Comment