Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Toolbox Murders



The Toolbox Murders was a perfectly nice movie about a man who goes around murdering women using a different item from his toolbox each time. It had Pamelyn Ferdin who I always recognized as the voice of Lucy in some of the Charlie Brown cartoons. She was in the TV series Blondie with the kid who was the voice of Charlie Brown, she played Felix Unger's daughter on The Odd Couple, and had the title role in Happy Birthday, Wanda June. 

I saw The Toolbox Murders (1978) long ago. It was crap, of course. But I just clicked on The Toolbox Murders 2 on Roku. It was far more ambitious. But is that what you want from a movie of this type? I don't want to see piles of rotting corpses. It's just awful.

It had Bruce Dern in it which is weird.

I would be the Edward D. Wood, Jr, of slasher films. Ed Wood grew up watching B horror movies in the 1930s. And he went on to make movies that would have been almost passable as B horror movies in the 1930s. But he was doing it in the 1950's and it didn't work at all.

I'd be making pleasant, modest slasher movies. One person killed, like, every ten minutes. Nothing upsetting or disturbing, at least not to the sort of person wants to see movies like that. I would be an abject failure. But I would have my----well, no, I wouldn't have my self-respect. I'd have pretty much the opposite of self-respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment