Monday, August 13, 2018

Last Tango in Paris, Stranger Things


In an interview about Last Tango In Paris, Maria Schneider talked about mistreatment on the set working with Bertolucci. "I think Bertolucci is over-rated and he never really made anything after Last Tango that had the same impact.

"He was fat and sweaty and very manipulative, both of Marlon and myself, and would do certain things to get a reaction from me. Some mornings on set he would be very nice and say hello and on other days, he wouldn't say anything at all.

"I was too young to know better. Marlon later said that he felt manipulated, and he was Marlon Brando, so you can imagine how I felt."

There was an infamous scene in the movie. If you google "last tango in paris" the suggestion "last tango in paris butter" will come up.

"That scene wasn't in the original script.," Schneider said. "...They only told me about it before we had to film the scene and I was so angry.

"I should have called my agent or had my lawyer come to the set because you can't force someone to do something that isn't in the script, but at the time, I didn't know that...

"I felt humiliated and to be honest, I felt a little raped, both by Marlon and by Bertolucci. After the scene, Marlon didn't console me or apologise. Thankfully, there was just one take."

Stranger Things


I had heard this before about Last Tango in Paris. I was reminded of it when I read this about Stranger Things:
Stranger Things fans have grown concerned after learning of the circumstances surrounding an on-screen kiss between two child actors in the Netflix show's most recent season.

The kiss in question, which took place during the season 2 finale, happened between Lucas (Caleb McLaughlin) and new character Max (Sadie Sink) at the climactic Hawkins Middle School Snow Ball dance - something, it emerged on after-show Beyond Stranger Things, was unscripted and sprung upon both actors.

15-year-old Sink recounts the build-up to the moment that Ross Duffer brands “all [her] own fault.”

She said: “I get there, the first day of Snowball… one of you, I think it was you Ross, you say, ‘Ooh, Sadie, you ready for the kiss?’ I’m like, ‘What! No! That’s not in the script… that’s not happening.’

“So the whole day I was like stressed out, I was like 'Oh my god, wait, am I gonna have to…' and it didn’t happen that day, but then the second day of Snow Ball.”

Sink and McLaughlin performed the kiss in a room full of extras as well as “their parents, and the crew and [Sink's] mom.”

Many are expressing their concern regarding the moment via social media wondering why the Duffers didn't work with the actors in order to make them feel comfortable in performing the moment.
It turns out that the director told the girl this as a joke. There was no kiss in the script. When they saw how upset she was, they decided it would be hilarious to actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment