Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Asia Argento says she's suing



I was wrong again. It looks like Asia Argento is going to do it.

She tweeted:
I don't know how I feel about it. I already turn against Rose McGowan. She acted stupid and thought she was being revolutionary. And I disapproved of Asia Argento's movie The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things because I was repulsed by the J.T. Leroy hoax. I don't like her tattoos or Anthony Bourdain's. So I guess I've cruelly turned on both of them.

Years ago, Roman Polanski sued Vanity Fair for libel. Just because someone is an admitted child rapist, it doesn't mean that you can't make false and defamatory statements that make his reputation ever so slightly worse. Polanski was somehow able to sue in a British court even though he can't step foot in that country without being arrested. Mia Farrow flew to Britain to testify on his behalf and Polanski actually won the lawsuit.

So, even if Argento victimized Jimmy Bennett in the manner Bennett described, maybe she can still sue people for saying stuff about it.

In Polanski's case, he sued Vanity Fair for reporting that he began hitting on women right after the Manson family murdered his wife, Sharon Tate.

No comments:

Post a Comment