Monday, September 24, 2018

Bill Cosby to be sentenced tomorrow



It was sheer luck he didn't kill anyone.

The prosecution wants five to ten years, the defense wants house arrest.

It's like Alfred Hitchcock talking about suspense in the movies. If there's a scene with a time bomb under Hitler's table, the audience will find itself identifying with Hitler hoping they'll find the bomb in time. The situation is stronger than the character.

Reading about this, I worried about Bill Cosby. He's 81, legally blind. How can they send poor Bill Cosby to prison even if he is a dangerous monster?

But I realized that the second I hear what the sentence is, I'll quit caring. Unless it's outrageously light.

Time goes faster for old people. A ten year sentence would seem incredibly long to a teenager. Bill Cosby will be surprised at how quickly it's over. "It feels like I just got here!" If anything, he should get a LONGER sentence due to advanced age.

No comments:

Post a Comment