Sunday, July 7, 2019

CNN The Movies vs Mark Cousins' The Story of Film



I just watched a little of that CNN The Movies "original series". They'd been advertising it and my mother wanted to see it.

We missed the first half. I think, because we're watching on Roku and it came on at nine o'clock eastern time.

It was about what I expected. For some reason, they started with movies of the 1980s, and they talked only about Hollywood.

"You know, this is just awful," I said.

She agreed.

I was already on Hulu so I found The Story of Film: An Odyssey, Mark Cousins fifteen-part documentary series from the UK.

I think I have it on DVD somewhere but we watched it on Hulu. It seemed like there were a lot of commercials. I was a little surprised that my mother liked it as much as she did. Mark Cousins' pleasant Irish accent didn't hurt anything.

We watched the first part, up to 1918, then her cousin called and we stopped it.


No comments:

Post a Comment