Sunday, August 18, 2019

In defense of Jaws: The Revenge


Yes, as I said here, I thought Robot Monster and The Naked Witch were reasonably good movies. 

And then, a while back, I was hanging around at my sister's house for some reason, with her husband and my mother there. The TV was on with the sound off. I turned it on Jaws: The Revenge, widely regarded as a terrible movie. I was mildly amused by it. 

But Jaws itself was coming on next.

My sister enthused that we should all watch Jaws, but I wasn't keen on the idea. I don't know how many times I'd seen that thing. It's been thirty years, but I don't want to watch it again.

She suggested that there was something wrong with my taste in film. I didn't respond. But I really didn't want to watch the horrible, bloody death of a child. Or the horrible, bloody deaths of adults. 

Jaws 4 was a perfectly pleasant film. Why would I want to watch a gore movie?

Weird that she liked the movie so much but had no thought at all about the content.

Spielberg is a monster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment