Saturday, November 16, 2019

8 Million Ways to Die (1986)


I was still working that job in 1986?

I worked with a woman whose sister was a bodybuilder who had gotten a role in this movie as a police woman, but her scene didn't make it into the final cut. But my co-worker went to see the movie anyway. The theater was empty. Nobody liked it. A theater employee said they'd give her her money back if she wanted, but she could gaze at Jeff Bridges all day and was happy to watch it.

I just watched it on Amazon Prime. Terribly violent, but I liked it okay. I didn't follow the middle part.

Alcoholism ends the career of a Los Angeles County Deputy. He wants revenge on the drug kingpin who murdered a prostitute he met in an AA meeting and tried to protect.

Based on the novel by Lawrence Bloch. Script by Oliver Stone, Robert Towne and R. Lance Hill. Directed by Hal Ashby.

Surprised Jaguars were so popular back then.

It was Hal Ashby's last feature film. He directed a couple of TV pilots after that. His health was bad and he finally went to see a doctor who diagnosed him with cancer which killed him. He was only 59 when he died.

Hal Ashby directs.


No comments:

Post a Comment