Saturday, October 10, 2020

Crazy Mama (1975)


Part of Roger Corman's Mama Trilogy along with Bloody Mama and Big Bad Mama. The others were set in the '30's. This one was in the late '50's.

Maybe back then you could drive cross country in a stolen car.

I had to keep reminding myself that the classic cars they destroyed were only 17-years-old when it was filmed. They had depreciated as much as they were going to. The Studebaker Silver Hawk bothered me the most. But it'd be like if they made a car crash movie today set in 2003 except that cars in 2003 had seatbelts and padded dashboards.

Cloris Leachman in the title role. Donnie Most (Happy Days' Ralph Malph) was more appealing than I expected. With Merie Earle, Ann Southern, Stuart Whitman, Jim Backus and Dick Miller. Jonathan Demme's second feature. You'll be shocked which member of the gang gets killed first.

Free on Amazon Prime and I saw it on Pluto somewhere.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment