Tuesday, October 6, 2020

The Queen (2006)

I couldn't stand any of the people involved and I never understood the mob mourning ex-princess Diana's death although I was on their side against the Royal Family.

There was one thing I missed when I saw this movie before. In one scene, Tony Blair wonders why Prince Charles keeps sucking up to him, talking about he wants to modernize the Royal Family, trying to get Blair on his side against his mother.

One of Blair's aides explains that Charles is afraid someone will shoot him. He asked for more security. People were blaming him for Diana's death and he was trying to redirect blame onto his mother so they'd pick her off instead of him.

According to the article linked above, he was afraid someone might take a shot at him during the funeral procession. It would have looked strange if he kept his distance, but he shouldn't have been walking so close to his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment