Saturday, February 13, 2021

An advantage of aging

Late middle age is great.

I had to go buy some chocolate. My own purchase was unrelated to Valentine's Day, but there was a long, long line of people waiting to get into the place.

Some big ape without a mask and his girlfriend got in line behind me. They were standing way too close. I told them to back away. The guy smirked and wasn't moving so I used what police call their "command voice" and told them to get back six feet.

He asked if I was going to stand six feet back from the people ahead of me.

"GET BACK AND I WILL," I said.

They backed up.

"We're all gonna die, we're all gonna die," he said. I didn't respond so he said, "I'll bet he voted for Biden, too."

I still didn't respond so they shut up.

I don't think I'd have done that thirty years ago.

Of course, there was no pandemic thirty years ago, but you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment