Sunday, February 7, 2021

Tourist Trap, 1979, Chuck Conners, Tanya Roberts

Rated PG. With Chuck Conners and Tanya Roberts who died last month.

My brother and his friend went to it when they were ten. I went in to get them to take them home and they weren't even in their seats. They were cowering in the aisle. They were terrified. They thought it should be rated R, and I can see how it had that effect.

The big difference between an R and a PG rating is often just nudity and obscene language and this had neither. I was disillusioned when I saw my first R-rated movies in the early days of Home Box Office. I assumed that you'd need to have at least a high school education before you could fully appreciate them, but adults were just as dumb as the rest of us.

I watched the Rifftrax version this morning. Chuck Conners operates a sinister roadside attraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment