Monday, June 20, 2022

You'll Like My Mother, 1972


Seems to be a remake of Die, Die, My Darling although it's based on an unrelated novel. About a young widow visiting her mother-in-law who turns out to be deranged. Even the poster looks the same with a pair of scissors used as a weapon.

I saw Die, Die, My Darling on TV when I was about five. My mother had to explain that the little dots on a man's face were bullet holes. I saw Tallulah Bankhead shooting him, but bullet holes in a guy's face weren't something you usually saw on TV in those days. You don't really see them now, either.

Patty Duke stars as a pregnant widow whose husband died in Vietnam. 

From Bing Crosby Productions which makes you wonder about that guy. They also produced the Walking Tall movies, Willard, Ben and The Reincarnation of Peter Proud. And Hogan's Heroes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment