Friday, November 30, 2018

The Lonely Lady (1983)


You know what bad movie I'd like to see again? The Lonely Lady. I remember laughing at the scene in the beginning where Pia Zadaora receives her award at "The Award Presentation Show" and bitterly tells the worldwide audience, "I don't suppose I'm the only one who's had to f**k her way to the top!"

For some reason the scene I want to see was in the movie within a movie---screenwriter Pia's relationship with her screenwriter husband becomes strained when she proves to be a better writer than him. And he realizes she's a better writer when she has a character scream "WHY? WHY?" at her child's funeral. They show the scene being filmed. The actress looks one direction and yells WHY? She looks the other direction and yells WHY? And she does it with so little feeling that, had I been at that funeral, I would have instantly realized that she murdered her own child and was trying to cover it up with an emotional display she couldn't pull off convincingly because she was a psychopath.

I searched for it on Roku and nothing came up. There are three or four movies called Lonely Boy, but no Lonely Lady. Netflix doesn't have it on DVD, either.

It's available on Blu-ray from Amazon for $20. Used isn't much cheaper. Ebay is about the same.

I don't want to see it THAT bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment