Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Shane Gillis fired

So, SNL decided to pass on Shane Gillis. I listened to a bit of his podcast, and it was probably just as well that they fired him, although I don't know how harshly one should judge people trying to be funny in conversation on a podcast. Much of it was terribly disgusting and they sounded moronic.

And now that I look at it, the podcast was TWO WEEKS AGO. It was from September 3rd, 2019.

I was going to say that, if you say things that are disgusting and not funny, it could follow you for the rest of your life. But just following you for two weeks can be bad enough.

I don't know how much damage this has done Shane Gillis. He tweeted this:



He was good enough for SNL. You think he's been damaged severely enough that an independent filmmaker could get him to work cheap? Gillis would, I'm sure, be infinitely funnier than Dustin Diamond and he presumably wouldn't sexually harass cast and crew like Andy Dick. Those two guys keep getting work somehow.

On the other hand, Gillis might be more wary of making bad decisions that could wreck his career even more and avoid working with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment