Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Woody Allen explains that he doesn't work in Hollywood


I never understood why they keep talking about Woody Allen and Hollywood. He doesn't work in Hollywood. His funding has come from European investors for years.
While promoting his new movie, "A Rainy Day in New York," Allen responded to a question about why his movie isn't being promoted in the United States and if he cares if he never works in Hollywood again. 
"I couldn't care less," he said to France24. "I've never worked in Hollywood, I always work in New York and it doesn't matter to me for a second." 
He added that if in the future no one financed his films, he would still write and create stories on his own.
But he was just talking about writing. He didn't mention financing his own movies. He has a net worth of $80 million and he could certainly afford it. His movies cost a lot by European standards but he could cut his costs down to two or three million which is more in line with what they spend over there.

There's not much to it, but you can read the whole article here. Click the France24 link above to watch a video of the interview.

The article goes on to quote a tweet by ex-convict and "global ambassador for Avon Products" Reese Witherspoon. Reese Witherspoon tweeted I'm with Natalie. I believe you, Dylan. Like Reese Witherspoon knows anything about it.

This was after Natalie Portman made a statement attacking Allen. She knew nothing about him, apparently, and thought he worked in Hollywood and that movie studios were bankrolling his movies. "They're movies, ain't they?"

And to think I defended Reese Witherspoon when she was arrested. Reese Witherspoon was charged with disorderly conduct for stomping around shouting "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!" while police arrested her "husband" for drunk driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment