Friday, October 25, 2019

A couple of restaurant things

I went out to eat. The waitress kept addressing us as "love". It's only young ones who do that, but they usually call you "hon".

And when did they start asking "How is everything tasting?"

Did I ever tell about the time I found a dime in my food? I was eating a calzone and there was a dime in it. I showed the waiter. He didn't know what to say. You'd think I'd get a free meal out of it, but he didn't offer and I didn't ask.

And speaking of that, don't forget to tip when you get a free meal. Hillary Clinton has failed to do that twice that the public knows about.

But it's hard to calculate a tip under those circumstances. I knew someone who was in a hotel in China. The toilet got clogged so he called the front desk. They misunderstood and sent up a prostitute. He told her the problem and she got on the phone to the front desk and translated.

"I hope you tipped her," I said.

He didn't. But how do you know what to tip when you don't know what she charges? Giving five bucks to a high priced call girl could be insulting.

No comments:

Post a Comment