Saturday, October 5, 2019

Diahann Carroll, RIP



I remember watching Julia, a sit-com, 1968 to '71, about an African-American Vietnam War widow nurse and her son. I was about five. It was the golden age of homely child actors and I remember her son on the show having this friend who seemed homely to me at the time, but I just did an image search for him and he was cute, at least by today's standards. My mother seemed to like the show but I don't remember seeing it past the first season. It wasn't the first sit-com with a Black female lead, but it was the most respectable one.

Looking at Diahann Carroll's filmography on IMDb, I don't remember her but I'm sure I saw her in Roots: The Next Generation and a docudrama called Death Scream about a murder in New York.

She died  yesterday at 84.

No comments:

Post a Comment