Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Something about the E.T. special edition

What they should have done is made Elliott stop pedaling.

I'm not sure how many times I've seen E.T. I had a friend who wanted me to see it, so we went. Then I was hanging around with him and his girlfriend wanted to see it again so I went with them again. Later, he bought a VHS copy of it so I had to sit through it a couple more times. 

I made the mistake of telling my sister that I didn't care for the movie. It turned out that watching E.T. was the most deeply moving experience of her life, so she spent a couple of hours ragging on me. She thought that I must have found the movie so profoundly emotional that I was trying to conceal my true feelings.  I know she was sincere because, later, my brother was in town and she insisted we all watch E.T. But before she put it on, I saw panic in her eyes. Would the movie be TOO emotional? Would watching it together become socially awkward?

Yeah, I know I wrote about this before at some point. But I came across this on Cracked.com:

https://www.cracked.com/article_32919_how-spielbergs-et-special-edition-pissed-off-the-screenwriter.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment