Sunday, March 20, 2022

Turns out William Hurt was a monster

I had no idea. I never paid attention to him. He seemed okay. I looked at his filmography after he died. I'd seen a few of his movies. His peak didn't last that long and he did a lot of TV.

At least two of his ex-girlfriends, Marlee Matlin and Donna Kaz, say he battered  them. Each discussed it in published memoirs.

“Bill would snap, physically shove, punch and beat me, followed by tears, apologies and him offering me expensive gifts," Kaz wrote. "When the battering began I sloughed it off. He said he was sorry. Perhaps I instigated it. I only had to visit the ER once. It was only after many, many years I admitted to myself that I was the victim of domestic violence.” 

In her 2009 memoir, Marlee Matlin described him sexually assaulting her.

“My own recollection is that we both apologized and both did a great deal to heal our lives,” Hurt said in a statement at the time.

To hell with that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment