Friday, December 27, 2019

Christmas is over


Christmas is done. I got three presents, all of them books, one I already owned and one was an affront to my politics. My mother didn't get me anything, but I told her not to and I did all her Christmas shopping so how could she? I was supposed to have the week off except for Monday, but I worked Christmas Eve and Thursday which was okay.

Christmas dinner wasn't very good. I don't know how this came up, but my brother-in-law became weirdly enraged when I said that most lawyers were Republicans. He demanded to know my basis for that. I told him that, when conservatives complained that universities were run by liberals, it was pointed out that law schools, medical schools and business schools were predominately Republican. He denied that doctors skewed Republican, too. I don't know why he was so angry about it and he kept arguing. At least he didn't accuse me of anti-Semitism this time.

I watched My Night at Maud's and started watching another French movie about a dysfunctional family at Xmas. I watched a few minutes of a black & white Christmas episode of The Beverly Hillbillies and maybe five seconds of the girls on The Facts of Life singing a Christmas carol.

This Christmas was a massive loss. Spent over $500 and got three books in return. I could have bought a pretty good car for what this thing cost me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Waldo - of all the Waldo Scotts in the world, you're the Waldo Scottiest.

    I visit your blog frequently and enjoy each new post.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my life is one big Charlie Brown special.

    Thank you for your comment.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete