Friday, December 6, 2019

Prince Charles attempted incest

Did you know that Lord Mountbatten tried to get Prince Charles to marry his (Charles') cousin who was Mountbatten's granddaughter? Mountbatten had been conniving for years to get his wing of the royal family back on top. Charles actually proposed to her but the horrified girl turned him down.

That was one thing that stood out in my mind. I watched a British documentary series about the Royal Family on Netflix. They took it pretty easy on Andrew considering everything.

British TV shows often have only six episodes per season. I guess that's good. They can have more shows that way. More people can experience the thrill of being a TV star. I assume they don't just re-run the same six episodes all year.

So after watching the British documentary series, I tried to find something in a similar vein. I turned on a show called The Windsors which turned out to be a cruel sit-com about the British royal family. The actors didn't look that much like the royals they were playing. I don't think I would have recognized the one as Princess Anne if I hadn't watched the documentaries first, so the two series did complement each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment