Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Paris Hilton, higher education



I remember when someone made fun of Paris Hilton for having a GED. A large percentage of high school graduates can't pass the GED, so she was probably smarter than a few of her classmates who graduated. But the thing that surprised me was that her wealthy parents cared at all that she had some sort of high school diploma. They were almost like normal parents.

Whatever happened to her, anyway?

I'm not sure if I graduated from high school. I didn't go through the graduation ceremony and I never bothered to pick up my diploma if there was one.  I couldn't imagine anyone ever asking to see it and no one ever did.

But that's one of things that comes to mind with this college admissions scandal. Were these rich, crooked but otherwise normal parents concerned about their below-average children to the point of committing bribery?

No comments:

Post a Comment