Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Mountain Mafia again

I watched the rest of Mountain Mafia. I still didn't follow the plot, but it had a naked lady in it and the late Robert  Z'Dar had a cameo. It had a sex scene and a lot of murders. I looked it up on imdb.com. I wonder what the budget on the thing was and how it was marketed.

There have people who've talked about adapting the Nollywood model of movie production to the United States and this might be an example.

I read about a guy in England who had made an extreme low budget action film. He arranged to sell DVDs in local shops. They sold for $5, or 5 pounds, or whatever they use for money there. They were cheap enough that people could buy them on impulse and so cheap no one would bother bootlegging them. And he did quite well.

The director has four other directing credits on imdb.com and a long list of acting credits.

Available here on Roku:

 https://www.rokuguide.com/channels/ten-tv-gold


No comments:

Post a Comment