Friday, April 12, 2019

People still don't have this straight?


I just read an article picking on Woody Allen. Seems to question whether he's REALLY making a movie in Spain.

Then I looked at the comments. There are people who STILL think he was married to Mia Farrow. They think Soon-yi was his step-daughter or his adopted daughter. One thought she was his actual biological daughter. A couple of them thought she was Dylan Farrow.

I avidly followed the story back when it was actually news. I remember sitting there with my throat burning from those horrible perfume samples they used to put in magazines so I could read some of Maureen Orth's crap in Vanity Fair. I was out of work for part of this time and paid out what little money I had for magazines and tabloids. I bought a copy of the book by one of the Nannies, I got Mia Farrow's autobiography from the library. I watched the made-for-Fox-TV movie based on Farrow's book. The scene I still remember was the one where Mia and Frank Sinatra had just consummated their marriage. He says, "How did you like it MY WAY, baby?"

And I didn't go through that hell to read comments from a bunch of ignoramuses who don't know the first thing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment