Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Super VHS back in action


I moved a desk out and found a box of S-VHS tapes. They haven't been made in years. I pulled out my old S-VHS camcorder. It still works.

I had two of them. I don't know where the other one went. How could I lose something that big?

One I bought on eBay just as digital video was taking over, and one I bought for $35 after it was completely obsolete from a guy who used it to videotape church services. The one I bought on eBay had once been dropped ten feet, but it still worked.

Made me think it would be a good idea to make a movie on S-VHS. It's time we reassessed the unique visual qualities of analog video. It could be the next PXL-2000.

Making a movie in an obsolete format would take the pressure off. There'd be no thought that the movie might turn out really good and be your ticket to fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment