Friday, April 5, 2019

Mel Gibson's sad decline



I heard about this movie, Dragged Across Concrete. I haven't seen it. I heard it was getting a limited theatrical release and I googled it and there it was, playing at a downtown multiplex that I never heard of. It's has five small theaters each seating about twenty-five people.

There used to be a "dinner theater" I probably should have gone to. I'd like it if you got to eat while watching the movie. If you have to eat first, it would just make it more time-consuming. If they gave you recliner and TV tray it would be ideal.

Anyway, I heard that Dragged Across Concrete was made by a director known for explicitly right-wing movies. I heard bad things about it which made me want to see it, but it's a long movie and I'd have to go out. I guess you can pay to see it on Amazon but I'm not doing that.

Now I read that it did terrible overseas:
According to available numbers, his latest movie, “Dragged Across Concrete,” has made around $137,712 total in four countries including Russia. 
In the US there are no numbers. Distributor Summit Pictures is just pretending “Concrete” was never poured. It’s currently playing in a handful of ArcLight theatres– fewer than 10 as far as I can tell.
This from Showbiz411.

But who knows. They do a token theatrical release to advertise them on streaming video. If you go by box office gross, every low or medium budget movie loses a fortune.

I usually try not to waste my hatred on someone who's already widely disliked. I prefer to hate beloved celebrities.

No comments:

Post a Comment