Thursday, April 16, 2020

Another Jason Mann

I wanted to keep Project Greenlight alive in my heart just a little longer. I hoped I could find another cruel attack on Jason Mann somewhere online. I googled his name and found something on Linkedin: A production company in Maine run by a Jason Mann. But why did he not mention his big Project Greenlight win?

Because it was a different Jason Mann. There are quite a few them. It's a common name. This was the only one working in a related field.

Project Greenlight showed how easy it is to fail miserably and look like a jerk in the process. It should be horrifying to all the film school kids out there.

None of the movies made on that show have come out well. The one that did the best was a horror movie they made when the show left HBO and went to Bravo.

We've reached the point where anybody can make some kind of movie. You don't necessarily need money anymore. I'm a little surprised that there are still books being published telling you how to do it because by now it's pretty obvious how to make a movie with no money.

Now we need to figure out how to make a movie with no talent or ability. I have my own ideas which I've already discussed, but I have grave doubts about my theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment