Monday, April 20, 2020

Charles Manson documentary

I never cared if Charles Manson lived or died. He wasn't going anywhere. It was kind of nice when he did die and you knew there'd be no more interviews.

But I just watched some of a documentary which took the view that Manson was a misunderstood visionary. A misunderstood visionary with a swastika etched into his forehead.

The swastika was backwards. Someone thought it meant that it was a Hindu symbol for good luck rather than a Nazi swastika, but I think that just meant he did it while looking in a mirror.

I turned it off after a few minutes. The movie showed some long clips of an interview Manson did years ago. His schtick hadn't changed a bit since 1971. I'm now truly glad he's dead.

Years ago, I watched the made-for-TV movie Helter Skelter. I was thirteen and a devout atheist, but I still found predictions of Armageddon frightening. I was watching the movie and for a moment I thought, what if Manson predictions were right?! Then I remembered that, even if he hadn't been a mass murderer, he was an abject racist and no such thought ever crossed my mind again.

This thing was on Fandor for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment