Monday, April 20, 2020

Tom Lester RIP


Tom Lester best known for playing Eb on Green Acres, has died of complications from Parkenson's Disease at age 81.

It took me a while to warm up to Green Acres. I like the show now. One evening I was hanging around with family and friends. I told them about a gag from the show.

Eb had a list of demands for the youth of Hooterville. One was that they have Friday night drag racing. He briefly explained that they'd dress up like women and run foot races.

I didn't think that much about it, but the others were very surprised and thought the show was ahead of its time and had slipped something past the censors. And, really, you wouldn't have heard anything like that on Mayberry RFD.

Tom Lester was the last surviving member of the show's regular cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment