Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Chris Olsen: The Boy Who Cried



There's a short documentary by experimental filmmaker Mark Rappaport called Chris Olsen: The Boy Who Cried about a generic child actor who could apparently cry on cue. He worked with some of the greatest directors and biggest stars in Hollywood. He played Doris Day's son in Hitchcock's The Man Who Knew Too Much. He was interviewed when Doris Day died a few days ago. He said they did more re-takes doing the song Que Sera Sera than he had done on any other movie.

I was surprised to learn that he was the brother of Susan Olsen, TV's Cindy Brady.

The documentary is available on Fandor along with several others Rappaport made. I let my subscription to Fandor lapse, otherwise I might have a little more to say about it.

I just did a quick google search for "how to cry on cue". They gave pointers like, stay hydrated and don't try to force it.


No comments:

Post a Comment