Sunday, May 12, 2019

Night of the Shooting Stars (Italy, 1982)


I had seen this at the university years ago, and I may have seen it on video at some point. The things I liked about it were the horrible fascist father-son team in their black shirts, murdering people and acting like fascist scum, but just so happy to be together. I like how they ended up, too.

And there was a the battle in a field between fascists and partisans, all armed mostly with Mannlicher Carcanos. Gun fights with guns that aren't really ideal to the circumstances appeal to me for whatever reason. Maybe because you get to see a gunfight without thinking about how it's going to inspire gun nuts to run out and buy one.

But overall, the movie was a bit of a disappointment to me. Maybe it was just the look of it, filmed in the 1980's.

Available on the Criterion Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment