Sunday, May 12, 2019

Peggy Lipton, RIP


As far as I know, I haven't seen her in anything but The Mod Squad and Twin Peaks and I hadn't watched Twin Peaks until a Russian novelist I talked to online told me he was a fan. I watched it on Netflix. I was surprised to see her name in the credits. I thought about regaling the my Russian friend with the full story of The Mod Squad. Maybe he would have been fascinated by this glimpse into the American psyche, but I thought better of it.

My least favorite Mod Squad episode was the one where Julie (Peggy Lipton) is shot in the head when an autistic kid (Lee H. Montgomery) finds a gun. Now I read that the bullet just grazed her. I wondered for years how Julie survived that. Maybe I'd like it if I watched it again.

But I was turned off to Charlie's Angels when they used the same plot in an early episode.

Peggy Lipton has died at 72.

No comments:

Post a Comment