Monday, May 6, 2019

Me listening to the computer


He's not even that good-looking.
I went to the writing group. One of the people had written a play and handed out copies. We did what they call a table read. And the author said I did the best job! I decided to make an effort but to underplay it. And I didn't read the stage direction like everyone else did. Another personal triumph!

Some people go to a restaurant that turns out to be a front for another operation.

Later, I read what I wrote and was humiliated when I realized it was "cute". I had written something horribly cute. I sat there the rest of the time swearing to myself that I would never write anything cute again. 

I'm sitting here listening to Andy Kindler and Josh Weinstein on their Thought Spiral podcast briefly discuss the movie Beautiful Boy. I wrote something about it, but I think I just attacked Timoth---how do you spell his name? Timothee Chalomet? I attacked him because he denounced Woody Allen and vowed to donate to charity the minimal sum Woody Allen paid him. According to the internet, Chalamet has a net worth of $6 million, but he thinks he's a big shot because he donates a few thousand dollars.

Now Andy Kindler is railing against Chris Matthews on MSNBC. He thinks Matthews got Trump elected because he's too even-handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment